Counseling & Services » Work Permits, Job Opportunities & Career Link

Work Permits, Job Opportunities & Career Link


Curious about North State Careers?  Click here!

Weekly Hot Jobs Link provided by HC Social Services - 02/25/2024



Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)



Q: How do I get a work permit?


A: Students can pick up a “Work Permit Application” in the office or email Janet Barnett [email protected] to get one emailed to them to fill out online. After the student has filled their information out and had their parent / guardian sign the application, they must bring it to their workplace to get it signed BEFORE submitting it to the office.

Q: Do I get a work permit BEFORE or AFTER I get a job?


A: During the school year, students may apply for a Work Permit AFTER getting hired. During the summer, students may get their permit BEFORE they find a job. Students must always have a permit while working throughout the year.

Q: How long does it take to get my work permit after turning in my application?


A: The completed Work Permit Application can then be brought to the office, and it only takes a couple of minutes to type it up.  Student signs it and leaves with the Work Permit. 

Q: How might I lose my Work Permit?


A: Students need to have a 2.0 GPA based on the most current semester grade in order to keep their Work Permit. Also, during the school year, students must attend school the days they work. If you are absent from classes, you may not go to work that day.


Q: How can I get a Work Permit during the summer? And when does it expire?


A: Summer Work Permit Applications are the same with the exception that the employer portion does not have to be filled out.  Students need to call or email Amanda Anderson to make an appointment to come in and get their typed-up Work Permit.  Amanda Anderson (707) 839-6404 or [email protected]

Summer Work Permits are good from the end of school through 9/3/23.  After 9/3/23, a new Work Permit must be completed for the school year.